So yesterday October 28th was my 30-something-ish birthday. I'm not going to disclose my exact age hahaha...that's my little secret. Though you know I'm at LEAST 30.
My birthday celebration apparently started Monday afternoon...when two of my friends came over, surprised me, and took me out. They brought gifts and treated me to Marble Slab - I had a mix of caramel & amaretto with almonds in a waffle cone - YUM! Then in the evening, my husband took me out to Chili's (one of the only restaurants in our little town) where I had a sirloin, loaded mashed potatoes, some broccoli and veggies doused in pepper, and their Molten Chocolate Cake. DECADENT! The waiter was kind enough to announce my age as 21 to the whole restaurant.
Afterwards I did do more work...b/c I'm just like that. And dh had to wait till late for me to finish...but then the bday celebrations continued to the actual b-day day. So yesterday - on my actual birthday, I didn't do any work at all. I spent the day hanging out with my daughter & doing whatever we wanted. (I got her to sorta sing Happy Birthday to me - I sang it to myself with her a bunch - silly me.) We watched videos, I played this game that dh has gotten me addicted to recently. We did end up going to the grocery store in the afternoon, but then the evening was relaxed. Just exactly how I wanted it (especially after a long tiring weekend in San Antonio.) We had chocolate cake & ice cream. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes from my family & friends during the day and on facebook. Facebook can make a girl feel really popular.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just a little bit late here. (I've been out of touch with the world.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment