So I'm going to post this here since I'm not allowed to post non-Hannah stuff on her blog anymore apparently...dh doesn't approve.
My stress levels today totally went sky high. Not like frazzled or crazy nerves...but the amount of things I need to do in the next week feels like it's exponentially multiplied...
it didn't help that the daughter was screaming and not wanting to nap - though she did fall asleep and WAS asleep until I tried to crawl out of bed...then she woke up, startled and didn't fall back asleep for an hour. I left her in her bed for the "naptime" allotted time...and felt bad & stressed out the whole time she was screaming bloody murder.
Granted, I've had a lot to do...photo processing...lots of weddings and photo shoots...and things to do for the biz - one of the big ones is the website that's not getting any time or attention. The Primary Program. Other ppl. Church responsibilities...family responsibilities....friend & neighbor responsibilities...
the CCSO....Danny called Tuesday and reminded me that I needed to get my music resume out to them ASAP...so i spent Tuesday working on it, and I sent it off...sad little piddly thing - my music resume. I've had resumes so I could work for the man...and scientific C.V....but never did I have a music resume... I just didn't. b/c I didn't need it. and since quitting my corporate job, I haven't wanted to work for the man, so the last updated resume I had is from 2004 or Jan 2005.
Anyways...so today I got some of the excerpts for the audition...which is in a week. yeah...let's see what i can do to polish up my skills in a week... Thank goodness for technology! On the internet I was able to find the complete orchestral scores and video recordings of both! And there was an attached pdf link to the 1st page of an excerpt. CCSO is going to snail mail me the Mozart #39 excerpt-pretty easy. But the Strauss Don Juan...I'll need some time to practice...and I did that today... YIKES! um yeah...not pleasant to hear. i butchered it. at one time maybe I could have sightread the sucker...but not today.
And then I tried to find a solo that sounded half decent. Never mind that I can't find any of my solo music... I had 2 pieces in my vln case...so I'm choosing the one with nice clean copies so I can make copies for the 5 judges. yeah... auditions...
um...and so it's a Sonata. not a Concerto. oh well... they just said solo.
It's funny...b/c I've wanted to play in a symphony for the past few years...until I discovered photography and the business has grown this year...and so now I'm a little overscheduled...or over-something-or-the-0ther.
it's late...i should not be rambling on a blog...i should either be productive getting work done, or ASLEEP. which is what dh is doing... wise man that he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment