After a spiritual Enrichment last night, I wrote a long email to a friend that contained most of my recent "deep thoughts", but I thought I should also post something pertaining to those things that have most importance to me. Though those things that I hold most dear and close to me, I don't usually discuss openly - especially on a blog...
I've been pondering about how I prioritize my time. I've been spending a large chunk of time recently on photography and business pursuits. But in actuality, my role as a mother is first and foremost at this time in my life. It predominates my time. I am a mother to our adorable baby girl. She's growing up so fast and this is really a special and precious time that I need to cherish. She's a sponge - absorbing her surroundings, mimicking, learning and growing - physically, intellectually, psychologically, spiritually. Being her mother is the most important way I can spend my time. Teaching her, playing with her, patiently loving her, raising a healthy, well-rounded, educated, and kind contributor to society with integrity.
I've been reading a couple of essays/talks about motherhood by President Gordon B. Hinckley in the mornings this past week. And they've renewed my commitment to being a good mother - an attentive, loving and patient mother. And rearing children is truly a full-time job...not part-time...it is 24-7 all the time...and for the rest of my life...I will be a mother.
So that means more boundaries with time and our lives. Time is so precious... There is a sense of urgency to things these days. So much is happening around the world. So much information and data and events are all happening around us...it's an explosion of information & news! We are bombarded...but we have to consciously CHOOSE what information we let into our lives and integrate. Good quality information that uplifts and builds and makes one a better person - to build solid foundations of integrity in a person. Not the mass media marketing, flashy advertising, and fickle trends that come and go - things that don't last. We need to spend time, energy & money on things of lasting and eternal worth - not on things of no worth.
The family is the foundation...of so much!
I also came across this tidbit today by Neal A. Maxwell (I like all of his writings):
"...while we know parts of more and more people, we also know fewer and fewer people well; our parents tended to know fewer people but these they knew more fully. Since we know so many others, either functionally or fractionally, the family, in addition to its other blessings, also gives us our best opportunity for wholeness."
Wholeness...I feel whole with my family. This family with my dearest Isaac, the most wonderful husband I could have imagined, and my sweet dear Hannah. I feel so blessed. Never in my life have I felt so whole and complete. I am fulfilled - I feel so whole and so complete with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's very cool. Thanks for sharing,
-Carrie
Hi Grace! It's so nice to 'meet' you, and looking forward to get to in person later next month! Looking at the blogs that you follow, looks like we 'know' a lot of the same folks. :) Travel safe on your way here, if you need directions or anything like that once they post where it'll be, let me know. See you soon!
I liked this post. good post. ^_^
thanks you all for leaving me commnents! it makes me feel loved :)
Post a Comment