Thursday, March 27, 2008

Eaten Alive

So...I'm throwing stuff into the compost heap in our backyard, then I get the hoe and mix up some dirt into it. Little did I know I was standing on top of an ant colony the whole time. The ants were all over my shoes and got my ankles good (b/c I wasn't wearing any socks). I had just gone outside quickly to throw leftover H food into the compost hole. Sigh.

The colony was hidden, there wasn't even a mound. I think they moved over from the plants where we had put ant killer before. It seems that along the whole back fence there's ants everywhere. I put ant killer on them again - though it's so windy, that the stuff was getting blown everywhere. I finally just put some water with it and also wet the ground/mound and then dumped it on the dirt. We'll see if they move their colony elsewhere...or if it's a new colony. It package says it's supposed to kill the colony and the queen...

1 comment:

Jerin said...

eeeeew. gross. it reminds me of my life in California.